The Community Garden was commenced in 2012 after discussion with local residents and the social housing provider the Thirteen Group to develop a derelict allotment area to create a community space for local residents to engender healthy living and encourage community development. A Community Orchard was planted, A faith Garden established together with a labyrinth and an Adults & Children Growing area.
The project is still developing and in 2018 we hope to progress the community development with the commencement of a 40-week Healthy Cooking Project with the Clarence’s Meet & Greet Group that has been established within the faith garden project utilising the Community Hub Kitchen on site.
- Finalising the Herb Garden
- Establishing the Hen Project
- The Development of the Sensory Garden
- The finalisation of the 13 Small Allotments & Training Area
- The establishment of a Level 1 & Level Two Horticulture Course within the training area.
- The development of the wild life & bee zone on site
Access to the site is free and growing boxes are allocated to individual who wish to participate in the Community Garden.